Northampton Athletic Club and Smith Vocational Adult Community Education have partnered to offer W.I.T.S. Personal Trainer Certifications.
W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Two Nationally Certified Personal Trainer Certifications for 1 Price!
Whether for a career move or for personal knowledge, get all the information needed to become a Certified Personal Trainer. Our personal trainer course is a great way to prepare to be a successful nationally Certified Personal Trainer. The collegiate course is for candidates wanting in-depth instruction and hands-on experience with a top veteran instructor to master the career skills & knowledge to be a successful trainer. The course consists of 15 hours of lecture with key topics that include biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, and health assessment, 15 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role playing drills on exercises, presentation skills, etc to professionally master the position.
- Level 1 – Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete the written and practical exams. CPR/AED required.
- Level 2 – Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete your Level 1 exams followed by a 30 hour internship that will help connect to local employers.
- 16 hours of lecture – key topics that include biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage, and health assessment.
- 16 hours of hands-on practical training labs with role playing drills on exercises, presentation skills, etc to professionally master the position.
- Additional 2nd Certification Option – Complete the 30 hour internship that networks many graduates right into a job and receive the advanced Level 2 certification to share with employers. Employers love this extra qualifier and our internship assistance is provided with a local list of participating employers.
- Show a current CPR/AED card to demonstrate your emergency readiness.
This challenging optional course is taught in eight weeks for better retention and skill competency.
Level 1 – Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: For candidates who are prepared to sit for the written and practical exam only. ($275) If you have taken the optional personal trainer course you will be issued a voucher to take the exams.
Level 2 – Nationally Certified Personal Trainer: Successfully complete your Level 1 exams and finish the 30 hour internship and receive this at no additional cost.
Personal Trainer Orientation
Want to learn more about the Personal Trainer Certification Course? Come join our live webinar and talk with a veteran instructor all about the course and industry. Webinars are offered monthly so please register for any of the below. Can’t make the date and time? Register anyway and we will send you a recording once it is complete.
Please register for Live Your Passion, Become a Personal Trainer!
- August 2nd 12 pm EDT http://tinyurl.com/fitnessorientation817
- September 7th 4 pm EDT http://tinyurl.com/fitnessorientation917
Register for the Course
Dates: September 19 – November 16
Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Locations: Tuesday lecture classes at Smith Vocational and Agricultural High School – Thursday practical classes at Northampton Athletic Club
Purchase Textbook for Course
Fitness Professional’s Handbook-7th Edition with Web Resource ISBN-13: 9781492523376 is available for purchase online.
An e-book is also available for purchase online: ISBN-13: 9781492535935.
You can also order the book through W.I.T.S. by calling 888-330-9487.